Reference & Information
- READER RESOURCES (see directly below)
- ONGOING PROGRAMS
music, books-on-tape, videos & more for all 54 public libraries in Nassau County.
You can even request books online! Plus, link to New York Times Bestsellers!
Online Book Reviews & Guides:
- Literary Index Authors & titles by name, birth date, death date, or nationality.
- LitFinder Poems, citations & excerpts, short stories, essays, speeches, & plays.
- Literature Resource Center Bios, full-text literary criticism & reviews.
- Murder, Mystery & Mayhem Discussion Guides
- Nancy Pearl's Book Recommendations
FREE One -to-One Career Counseling
Schedule an appointment on: Tuesdays or Thursdays. Join career counselor Jamie Petrizzo to discuss your job search efforts, analyze the situation and reboot yourself!
Second & Fourth Wednesdays of each month, 2-4pm. Jobseekers are invited to attend to discuss all aspects of the job search process and to network with others. Moderator Bob Simmons provides insightful assistance for jobseekers on resumes, interviewing techniques, job skill updates, unemployment issues and job opportunities.
FREE BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENINGS
Monthly, by registered nurse, no appointments needed.
MONTHLY BOOK DISCUSSIONS
Choose from mysteries, page turners, classics, and history!
CONVERSATIONAL ENGLISH CLASSES WITH LITERACY NASSAU
Students must contact and register with Literacy Nassau in Freeport.
Call (516) 867-3580, EXT. 21.
Join gardner Judy Kotkin & fellow gardeners for a lively discussions! Bring your problems & questions, spades & shovels & any ideas you may have for making your garden a showplace! April through October.
NEEDLE ARTS CIRCLE
Wednesdays from 1-3PM. Bring your knitting, crochet, needlepoint, quilting, jewelry, etc & share tips & questions with fellow crafters!
Mondays from 1-3PM September through June, no appointments needed. Ruth Kazdan has answers and advice for you on a variety of issues of concern to seniors.
Do you have questions about:
- Medicare & Prescription Drug Plans
- Medicaid eligibility
- Elder Law issues
- Housing for seniors
- Education opportunities for seniors
- Volunteer opportunities for seniors
- Seniors Partial Property Tax Exemptions?
Also, regularly scheduled AARP Safe Driving classes, computer & exercise classes.